This week I have been trying to find a particular lyre dinning room chair I saw. I think I could fix it up and it would be amazing. So it means I need to go to lots of thrift stores to find it… I try to go in and out but it never seems to work out. I saw this piece close to the chairs and thought it would be a nice addition to the living room. I thought “If it is under $10 I will get it” and just my luck it was $3.99. So it came home with me.
I took off the brass lace wiring around the table, sanding it down, stained, polyurethaned it and after that I made a paste for the brass lace out of salt, vinegar, and flower. I applied it to the lace wire 3 different times over 2 hours.
Boom! It’s beautiful… and I’m that much closer to turning my house into the 1890’s house. ;D